Corken – Horizontal Reciprocating Compressors (Single Packed & Triple Packed Oil Free)
When the pressures or capacities of your application are beyond the capabilities of our vertical compressors, Corken’s horizontal gas compressors are your next option. Unlike Corken’s vertical reciprocating compressors, the horizontal compressor uses a segmented purge packing design to seal the piston rod.
Plain Style Horizontal Reciprocating Compressors
- Plain style horizontal gas compressors utilize one set of segmented packing per piston rod and do not have a distance piece.
- Plain style configurations are not oil free
- Typically used in non-toxic, non-corrosive applications where oil-free gas is not required and leakage containment is not critical. LPG, natural gas, and air boosting applications are a few examples.
- If oil free gas compression is required, a T-Style horizontal compressor is recommended.
T-Style Horizontal Oil-Free Reciprocating Compressors
- T-style horizontal compressors utilize three sets of segmented packing per packing rod and two (double) distance pieces.
- The inner oil wiper rings and oil deflector ring prevent oil carryover.
- All T-style horizontal compressors deliver oil-free gas compression.
- Typically used in toxic and corrosive applications where oil-free gas is required and maximum leakage containment is critical.
Contact Us Today!