Pure-Aire’s Mist Eliminators remove oil mist and particulate to protect the investment in your plant equipment, improve your product quality and reduce your energy costs. The extremely low pressure differential, and extended element life reduce energy costs, and maintenance intervals.
Pure-Aire Mist Eliminators are available to 10,000 CFM, Vessel design 150 PSIG.
- Oil and Particulate Free Compressed Air
- Ultra-Low Pressure drop reducing operating costs
- 7 - 15 year normal service life
- High Efficiency Filtration
- Filtration media designed for a high load factor compared to conventional filters.
The Mist Eliminator’s pressure drop design is the lowest available at 0.5 psi which is typically 4 to 6 psid lower than conventional filters. This provides significant energy savings based on the rule of thumb for every 2 psi pressure drop that is eliminated a 1% energy reduction in compressor horsepower is achieved.
Therefore annual energy savings would be: 4 psi = 2% savings in lost compressor power.
Annual energy savings on 100 HP systems
- $ 0.05/kWh x 8760 hours x 74.6 kW x 2% = $ 653
- $ 0.08/kWh x 8760 hours x 74.6 kW x 2% = $ 1046
- $ 0.10/kWh x 8760 hours x 74.6 kW x 2% = $ 1307