Brabazon is looking for a Leak Audit Technician to work out of our Chicago, IL branch Apply Now
This position interacts with our customers to provide a professional review of the customers’ existing compressed air system, as well as first-class customer service. In addition, our tech provides air leak audits at customer sites and makes repairs as necessary for compliance with industrial energy-saving programs.
Is this the right job for you? The Leak Audit Technician position offers…
- Fulfilling work—allowing you to build genuine customer trust and ensure customer satisfaction
- Opportunities for personal growth and development
- A change of scenery – visiting different customer sites and meeting new people
- Share your knowledge of equipment when making recommendations for repairs and changes to existing customer systems.
A day in the life…
- Performing leak audits at customer facilities to detect, prevent, and eliminate compressed air leaks
- Making same-day repairs as identified by the air lead audit
- Identifying issues that require additional site visits and ensuring repairs are completed in an acceptable time frame
- Documenting reporting for state agencies and utility companies to ensure compliance with energy-saving programs
- Assisting our Pipe Installation Technician on active piping systems installation projects
- Maintaining audit equipment
- Identifying customers who could benefit from additional energy-saving options
What we are looking for…
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required; a two (2) year degree or certificate in pipe fitting is preferred; will consider work experience in pipe fitting in lieu of degree or certificate
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, a reliable vehicle, and proper vehicle insurance
- Previous experience with pumps, compressors, and vacuum equipment is an asset but not required
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office and CRM
- Ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally, with people of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the company
- Excellent time management, organizational and follow-up skills; the capability to thrive while working independently
- The capacity to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently up to 75 pounds, occasionally up to 100 pounds.
At Brabazon, we are THE trusted experts in compressed air. Specializing in sales and service, we are the Midwest’s largest distributor of compressed air, vacuum, and pump products. We are proud and passionate about being a team of experts in our industry who always put the customer first. Our growth mindset means we are continually innovating and utilizing up-to-date technology while keeping the safety of our team and customers a top priority.
We hire the best talent in the industry to be part of the team. If you feel you are up for a great challenge and are aligned with what we are looking for, we would like to hear from you!
Benefits you will receive include health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, PTO, holiday pay, and a 401(k) program with company match.